4.13.2008

Storm Tharp: Lecturar Extraordinaire

I had a delightful studio visit with Storm last week which was lovely as my previous studio visit with a visiting artist (who shall remain anonymous) was depressingly uninspiring. I'm always apprehensive of these because as much as I enjoy talking to the artists and even as much as I appreciate their feedback on my work, the thought of anyone, and especially someone who is only going to see this one glimpse of me, coming into my studio to look at unfinished work made from half-formed thoughts typically makes me want to curl up into a little ball. But, happily, Storm was quite helpful -- positive, but critical and thoughtful -- my favorite kind of critique/studio visit/whatever you want to call it. So thanks, Storm -- you're a superstar. Come back and visit anytime.

No comments: